RV Types And Their Different Insurance Needs

Different types of RVs require different types of coverage Read More

RV Insurance TypesRecreational vehicles come in a wide range of styles, shapes and sizes. You’ve spent a lot of time researching which one best suits your family, lifestyle and budget – now’s the time you need to start digging into some of the not-so-fun aspects of RV ownership. How do you know if your vehicle or trailer needs RV insurance?

Most RV insurance companies insure the following types of recreational vehicles:

• Conventional Motor Home (Class A Motorhome)
• Professional Bus Conversion (Class A Motorhome)
• Non-professional Bus Conversion (Class A Motorhome)
• Camper Vans (Class B Motorhome)
• Mini Motor Home (Class C Motorhome)
• Fifth Wheel Trailer
• Conventional Trailer
• Expandable Trailer
• Trailer with Recreational Cargo Quarters
• Mounted Truck Camper

If you’re new to the whole RV scene, you may be asking yourself: “what’s the difference between RVs and travel trailers?” Motorhomes, which fall into Class A, B or C, are recreational vehicles that provide temporary living quarters and are permanently attached to a chassis or van. These types of RVs have different insurance needs than a travel trailer. Travel trailers and campers are non-motorized, portable units that offer living accommodations for recreational and camping use. When towed, travel trailers and campers do not require special highway permits.

Each RV mentioned in this article has its own characteristics, such as size, sleeping accommodations and amenities. This means that when you are shopping around for an RV insurance policy, you will have to know what special considerations you may need for your recreational vehicle. That way, you can protect whatever type of RV and spend more of your time traveling — and enjoying it.